BigCommerce: add OpenWidget to your BigCommerce store!
With OpenWidget added to your BigCommerce store, you can provide your customers with an intuitive self-help tool and decrease overall cart abandonment! All of that is possible with the use of:
- a Contact Form that will give you the option to talk with your customers;
- a dedicated Frequently Asked Questions view, perfect for a self-help space;
- and beautifully designed Product Cards to promote your best products or current sales.
Add OpenWidget to your BigCommerce store
- First, log in to your BigCommerce admin panel.
- From the left menu, choose Storefront.
- You should see a Themes section, where you'll need to navigate to the Script Manager section.
- Click on the Create Script button available at the top right corner of your Script Manager.
Now that you're about to create a new script, you will need to configure a few things. Don't worry, though! We will let you know exactly what to do.
- First and foremost, provide the Name and Description that will tell you what the script is about later. For the name, you can choose something like "OpenWidget"; for the description, use a phrase like "OpenWidget snippet".
- Choose Footer as your Location on page.
- As the Select pages where script will be added option's name suggests, you can select the exact pages OpenWidget will be displayed. We strongly recommend you go for All pages, but the choice is yours.
- In the Script category, go for Functional.
- Now, in the Script type category, choose Script.
- All that is left now is to paste your OpenWidget snippet copied from the OpenWidget's Add to website section.
- The hard part is done! Now you need to apply the changes by clicking on the Save button, and that's it!
OpenWidget is now added to your website, and you can start using its full potential!
Did this answer your question?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
%s of people found this helpful.