Don't have an OpenWidget account yet? Don't worry! We prepared a dedicated article that will guide you through the entire process. Click here to check it out!
OpenWidget's Chat Interface for OpenAI Assistants allows you to link your Assistant with a free chat box that you can add to your website or your application. This tutorial will answer the following questions:
- What features will you gain after integrating OpenWidget with OpenAI's Chat Assistants?
- How can you set up the integration?
What features will you gain after integrating OpenWidget with OpenAI's Chat Assistants?
Our free Chat Interface for OpenAI Assistants equips you with a chat tool that you can add to your website or your application. When the integration is enabled, we will automatically add the new card on top of your OpenWidget's Home Screen. This card will include a short description and a button that your customers can use to trigger a separate chat view where they can talk with one of your OpenAI's Assistants.
What's more, OpenWidget allows you to configure and add additional free features like:
- AI-Driven Product Recommendations: Delight your users with personalized product suggestions based on their browsing patterns. Boost engagement and drive more sales effortlessly.
- Bug Report Form: Let your customers report issues seamlessly with a beautiful and straightforward form. It's a quick way to address any glitches and enhance user satisfaction.
- Feedback Form with Ratings: Collect valuable feedback with a 5-star rating system. Customers can leave comments, giving you insights into their experience and helping you refine your offerings.
- Google Reviews Widget: Enhance your business's credibility and customer appeal by displaying Google Reviews right on your website.
And much more – check out what other widgets are available for you. Once configured, don't forget to add OpenWidget to your website, and you are good to go. You can also check out the dedicated installation tutorials that will guide you through the process of adding OpenWidget to some of the most popular Content Management Systems.
How to create your OpenAI Assistant?
The process of creating your own assistant is pretty simple. All that you need to do is to:
- Sign in to OpenAI Platform and go to the Assistants section that you can access from the menu situated on the left.
- While there, click on the + Create button that you will find at the top right corner of OpenAI Assistants section.
- Here you can create your new assistant: give him a name, tell him what the assistant should do (for example: "You are a helpful assistant who will answer questions about our products, shipping orders, the most common problems and how to solve them.") and choose a model that you'd like to use. For a smooth and quick conversation, we recommend using one of the gpt-3.5 models.
- You can also enable the Retrieval option and upload files that will include the knowledge about your products. For example, by uploading the content of your Knowledge Base articles, you will give your assistant the option to act as a Support Hero, solving your customers' problems on the spot.
Once finished, hit Save, and that's it! Your assistant is ready to go, and you can link it with OpenWidget's Chat Interface for OpenAI. To learn how to do this, check out the How can you set up the integration? chapter available below.
How can you set up the integration?
- First, sign in to your OpenWidget account and proceed to the OpenAI Assistants section, available under Integrations.
- Here, you will need to provide your OpenAI's API key. We strongly recommend creating a new API key for OpenWidget integration and using it during the setup. You can do this by proceeding to the API keys section in your OpenAI dashboard and generating a new key.
- OpenAI allows you to create API keys with three types of permissions: all, restricted and read only. The last one won't work, as we will need write permissions to start conversations with your OpenAI chat bot. If you'd like to create a restricted-type of API key, remember that we will need at least the following permissions for the integration to work:
Required resources Required type of permissions Models Read Model Capabilities WriteAssistants Read Threads Write Files Read
- Once the key is generated, go back to the OpenAI Assistants section in the OpenWidget app, paste the key under the Provide OpenAI API key field and click on Connect.
- If your API key is valid, we will load the list of all Assistants to which you have access – choose the one you'd like to link with OpenWidget and click the Set up button.
Oh, and don't forget to add OpenWidget to your website! Once it's there, your customers can start a chat with the Assistant and use its full potential. Check out the dedicated installation tutorials that will guide you through the process of adding OpenWidget to some of the most popular Content Management Systems.
And that's it! From now on, a new card with the Chat Interface for OpenAI Assistants will be available on top of your OpenWidget's Home Screen. Your customers can use it to start a conversation with your Assistant and get immediate help.
A few important things to remember
- As mentioned above, make sure to create a new API key for OpenWidget integration. This way, you won't have to worry that your integration will stop working in case you'd like to revoke the API key used in multiple places.
- Please remember that OpenAI offers 25 API keys per organization.
- OpenWidget offers native integration with LiveChat – you can read more about it here. In the current version of the Chat Interface for OpenAI Assistants, the Chat Interface won't work if the LiveChat integration is enabled. Enabling LiveChat integration will disable Chat Interface for OpenAI.
And that's it! We hope that you have found this tutorial helpful. In case of any questions, don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we will do our best to help.