Don't have an OpenWidget account yet? Don't worry! We prepared a dedicated article that will guide you through the entire process. to check it out!
- Minimize: Collapse the OpenWidget to a discreet bubble (OpenWidget's launcher) – shape recognized by millions across the web.
- Maximize: Expand the OpenWidget to its full view.
- Hide: Conceal the OpenWidget temporarily.
- Destroy: Remove the OpenWidget completely, making it unavailable until your customer refreshes a page or an app.
What's more, with the JS API, you can now use our new AsyncInit option to load your OpenWidget on demand, useful when you'd like to trigger the widget after your customers agree to cookies or only after they are logged into your app.
This API caters to developers who seek to fine-tune the widget's behavior, giving you the flexibility to design interactions that align with your specific user experience goals.
HTML Attributes: Effortless Customization with No Coding Skills Required
Don't believe us? With just those three easy steps:
- Add the data-openwidget-action attribute to your button element.
- Choose from two actions: minimize or maximize.
- Optionally, include the data-openwidget-feature attribute if you're maximizing and want to open a specific OpenWidget feature.
You can modify or create a new button that will maximize the OpenWidget and open the Contact Form feature. Here's a simple example of how it looks like:
<button type="button" data-openwidget-action="maximize" data-openwidget-feature="form-contact">Contact us</button>
We Have a Dedicated Documentation for Developers (and not only!) As Well!
To learn more about these new features and how to implement them, visit our comprehensive Developers Documentation. Together with the included Developers Guide section, our docs should answer the questions like:
- How to get started with JS API?
- How to create a custom button using our HTML Attributes and add it to WordPress?
- What are the most common scenarios when it comes to using AsyncInit?
We're excited to see the creative ways you'll use these features to enhance your online presence!
Start Enhancing Your OpenWidget Experience
Don't have an OpenWidget installed on your website yet? We're here to help! We prepared a dedicated article that will tell you how to add it to your site. to check it out!
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to evolve and refine OpenWidget to better serve your needs. Thank you for being part of our journey to enhance customer engagement and provide you with the tools to succeed.