In this section, you can set up a Contact Form that will be visible at the top of your widget. Whenever customers click the Leave a message button, they will be greeted with a simple form, allowing them to leave you a message.
So, how does it work?
It's simple! All you need to do is provide the email address to which OpenWidget will send messages on behalf of your customers. You can do that by providing it under the Forward customer messages to field. Once we deliver the email, you can reply to it right from your email app.
Don't forget to add your name and let them know who will reply to their emails. If you don't want to point to anyone in particular, something like OpenWidget Support will do just fine – and choose an avatar representing your Customer Support. Here you have two choices:
- You can either go for one of the avatars available in our gallery.
- Or you can add your own from the external link.
In the case of the former, a PNG/JPG with a size of 120x120px should do just fine! Oh, and apologies for not having an upload function – this one is coming in the future. But let's go back to the "Set up contact form" for a bit more, as we are not finished yet! 😅
Greet your customers with a statement
It doesn't have to be dramatic or full of pathos, but using something like
Questions? Feel free to ask!
under the Offer help should encourage your visitors to leave you a message. And based on our experience from our other products, this should allow you to achieve some positive outcomes:
- You are building a closer relationship with your customers and letting them know that you are there for them, which should compel them to use your services more often.
- You are allowing them to reach out if none of the products or materials meets their needs, increasing the chance that they won't abandon their cart.
Oh, and one more thing! Under the Offer help, you can also let your customers know when you will reply to their email. It won't dictate your working hours, but it should give them the added reassurance that you are actually there for them and that they can expect an answer during the stated period. With this option, you can choose:
- individual days during which you or your Support Team are answering emails (to be changed);
- range of days (with single days in between if you want) when people can expect your reply (to be changed).
And here's how it'll look for anyone interacting with your widget:
We typically respond within three working days.
Now that your Contact Form is configured let's set up an FAQ module!
Don't have an OpenWidget account yet? Don't worry! We prepared a dedicated article that will guide you through the entire process. Click here to check it out!